Thursday, January 19, 2012

Blue Jean Baby

J Brand Denim Jacket $235
About 6 years ago I found the perfect denim jacket on sale at FCUK (when the shop used to exist in Georgetown). It was a light wash cropped little topper, and it went perfectly with everything - seriously, EVERYTHING - I owned. It was love.

Sadly, that jacket and I had to end the affair when the sleeves gave out at the elbows and the seams started splitting uncontrollably at the shoulders. we had a good run, that jacket and I, but it was time to move on.

Enter my new and improved love, the J Brand cropped slim denim jacket! For months I searched for a perfect replacement, but none could be found until this little number came to Wink. Since its purchase, I've worn it with everything, everywhere. Date night with Christian was a sparkly little Vince number with booties and my jacket. A cold day at work was my Colorado cowboy boots, Rebecca Taylor navy maxi skirt (another great find at Wink) and a cozy beige sweater topped with my jacket. Sunday morning: baseball hat, large black glasses, leggings, oversize sweater and....my jacket. I think I've made my point.

Don't be surprised if you stroll into Wink and see my in my jacket, endlessly singing its praises. The bad news: my jacket's taken. The good news: its got 3 friends just waiting to find their perfect girl.

Smooches!
Kate

No comments: