Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Winking Around Town: Back Alley Waffles


A few Saturdays ago Dave and I hopped on our bikes to try the hidden gem, Back Alley Waffles - a place I had been hearing about and wanted to check out for myself.  Located in Blagden Alley, on 1209 10th Street, NW, this waffle house is worth the trip!  There are only 2 items on the menu -seriously- but they are delicious! Fluffy Belgian waffles with tons of churned butter and real maple syrup and a smoothie packed with nine different ingredients, including aloe vera comprise the menu's dynamic duo. Coffee and Chai tea provide perfect complements to the meal . Striving for culinary perfection, the chef shared with us that although they currently use tea bagged chai, he is hard at work on his own homemade brew. Still relatively unknown, I'm convinced now is the perfect time to check it out! It's a small operation, so your patience is a virtue. I can tell you firsthand that those waffles are well worth the wait!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am TOTALLY going here!